At a glance
Wendy and David Harker, farm owners
Location: Te Awamutu, Waikato
Herd size: 430 cow dairy farm
Farm size: 252 hectares
- Wanting to take a step back and spend less time in the shed, but keep an eye on cow health and reproduction information.
- Improve conception rates and retain cows wherever possible.
- Improved breeding window accuracy.
- Ability to tighten up the calving pattern.
- Valuable health information for cows transitioning from the colostrum herd.
- Remove tail paint, scratches, and bulls from the operation. Reduce the use of CIDRs.
- Lifestyle – manage mating plan remotely.
- Monitor cow recovery and effectiveness of treatments.
Wendy and David Harker are really enjoying the health and breeding information they get from Allflex collars. It’s enabled them to have a decent break between calving and mating, as well as improving in-calf rates and cow health.