At a glance
Genetics consultant and farmer
- Making informed decisions based on individual animal identification.
- Keeping track of which animals have a continually low condition score or continually produce singles.
- Compare ram sources and make breed changes.
- Culling decisions can be made easier based on individual animal performance.
- Draft out low performing ewes or ewes that consistently produce multiple lambs.
Will admits to being a strong advocate for collecting individual animal data using Allflex EID tags comes easily from his role with genetics consultancy NeXtgen Agri. “I know there’s a heap of value to come out of EID tagging by actually finding out what the flock is doing, without really doing any more work,” he says.